Monday, July 1, 2013

The Longest Week

This week was without a doubt the longest week of my mission. I'm not entirely sure what to blame for that. It could be that the mission was splitting, it could be that I'm still getting used to my area, or my companion, It could be that I hit my year mark this next week. I'm not exactly sure what it is. It's just been a really long week.

I'm excited to be here in Oyama, I've only heard good things about it, but I'm still getting used to it, doing my best to learn everyone's names etc. I've really enjoyed it so far. Elder Kim is a really fun guy too. He's working hard to get stressed or trunky since it's his last transfer. When we're teaching we teach pretty well together which is a good thing. I think If we didn't it would be a lot harder to work together. We have a lot of miscommunications and Elder Kim can be a little scary when he's frustrated or angry. Otherwise things are really good.  The ward is really excited to have 4 missionaries again (we got Sister Missionaries) and it's almost as if everyone has been sparked back to life. Half the ward stayed and watched the Work of Salvation Broadcast 

This week too. I'm a little overwhelmed in my responsibilities as District Leader. I'm doing everything I can to rely on the Lord and feel the needs of my District. (Have I mentioned that it's all Sisters?) It's a much bigger responsibility than I expected, but I do really enjoy it, I like a challenge every now and then. My first District Meeting is this Wednesday so I need to prep a training. I'm having a hard time thinking of what to do though. Almost half of my District are new missionaries. I really have no idea what to train them on. I know I have friends out there who have been District Leaders or Zone Leaders before. Any suggestions for trainings at District Meetings?

Great miracles are happening in Kiryu Zone and especially in the Oyama District. We'll most likely see a few baptisms this transfer between the three companionships here. Here in Oyama we have an investigator with a baptismal date. Her name is Kaori. She's super pure so she has a hard time remembering the doctrine, but she's super nice! Recently she's had desire to be baptised but didn't have the desire to match it. Elder Kim and I were really excited when she stayed for the full three hour program on Sunday. We're shooting for the twentieth of this month! (can you believe it's July already, because I can't.) This transfer is going to be one of mixed emotions, and we're going to be busy! 5 weeks to go!

"The challenge is to be more profitable servants"
-Pres Thomas S. Monson.

Love you all!
G


This is a Steamed Crab Donburi (rice bowl) ! It was really good.
I should have gotten the Unagi (Eel) though. that stuff
was magical. Real unagi is pretty expensive.





These are capsules from a Gatcha Gatcha machine. I love Gatcha Gatchas,
you always get cool stuff in them!
Some of you might remember these guys :)
 
Resetty from Animal Crossing
(とびだせどぶつの森 in Japanese)



 Olimar and a Blue Pikmin from Pikmin
(in japanese it's ピクミン)

No comments:

Post a Comment