Monday, June 24, 2013

The Verdict

Ok.........
............
Everyone Ready?........
...............
...............
...............
I've been called to serve in........
...............
The Japan Tokyo Mission!
I made into the same Mission as Elder Healy! It is however
bitter sweet. I got transferred.
Elder Gallacher and I began our personal study on Saturday morning fully expecting a call saying one of us were transferring. What actually happened however was not what we expected.

"Elder Gallacher, good morning" "Good Morning president! How are you?" "I'm doing great Elder, how about you, you ready for transfers?....We have a transfer call for you and Elder Howard." "Ok President." "Well we're doing something a little different this time" "Ok..." "We're going to turn Okegawa into a sisters area" "Wow..That is different" "Yup so you'll be going to Machida to be a Zone Leader with Elder Newsom." "Wow ok." "It's a South Mission area, so we're sad to see you go but you'll always be in our hearts and you'll always be on our quilt." "Thank you president." "Thanks Elder. Will you pass the phone to Elder Howard so I can give him his new assignment?" "Sure thing, here he is." The rest of the conversation was similair.

I was assigned to Oyama, a North Area in a place called Tochigi-Ken. My new home for the forseeable future. My new companion is Elder Kim. He's a pretty cool guy. He's a Korean Elder on his last transfer. We're going to be working hard for the next 6 weeks. I've also been called as District Leader. A job that would normally be rather time consuming. As my entire district is sister missionaries I won't be doing any companion exchanges. All I have to worry about is nightly calls and trainings for district meetings.
It was really bitter sweet leaving Okegawa. I really fell in love with that area. We spent all of Sunday and Monday cleaning, updating records and coordinating with the ward so that the sisters would be good to go when they got there. I still can't quite believe they "White Washed" us. There is a chance I could go back though I still have a year. They're going to put Elders In again at some point soon, only this time they'll live in Omiya, not Okegawa. So the missionaries will be spread out across the area. That should be interesting. Sunday night was really great. Brother Kakiki got a bunch of the members together and threw us a farewell party. I'm really going to miss okegawa but I'm excited for new things to come. Hopefully after today I can settle in. I've heard a lot of great things about Oyama but for the past few transfers the missionaries here haven't really been following mission rules. I may have to do a little "area clean up." I am however excited to make new friends. Oyama is a big area. It's going to be a blast!
Well that's the update.I hope you have a great week!
I'll give an update on the area when I get more aquanted with it.
I love you all!
Love from Oyama
-G

No comments:

Post a Comment