Sunday, June 9, 2013

Faith, Hope, Charity and Love

Hey all!
It's another busy week for me and I don't have a lot to write about, but I'm going to give you a little homework.

I'd like to commit all of you to read Moroni Chapter 7 in the Book of Mormon.
Faith, Hope and Charity are the main themes of this chapter.  My favorite among these is Charity.
Verse 46 states that "Charity never faileth."Faith may fail at times. Hope may fail at times, but Charity does not. If you have Charity then Charity never faileth.  Working among the people of Japan can be hard. There are often times we work hard for weeks and see no results.

My faith is weaker at times than I'd like it to be, and my hope that I'll see miracles waivers. My love for Japan however does not.

I love this country and I love teaching it's people. They're wonderful people.

We recently started teaching an investigator named Imai-san. Imai-san lives in a small "one room mansion" in an apartment complex.

Let me tell you. It's filthy. He's a smoker and from the ammount of cigarettes in his ash tray and the smell of his house he's at about 2 packs a day, unfiltered.

The wall paper is peeling off the wall and the sake(rice wine) bottles laying around are a clear indicator that he's an alchoholic. Whenever we meet him he wears the same shirt and pair of shorts he always wears and sometimes it can be hard to meet his gaze because he's got a crazy lazy eye and looks like Mad-Eye Moody from Harry Potter. Even talks like him sometimes. Despite all of this we have the opportunity to teach him. He has a baptismal date for August 4th and When we teach him I can't think about his dirty apartment or the smell of old cigarettes. The only thing I can care about is helping this man recieve the blessings that he wants. He has a lot of desire. We love teaching him because he's so faithful and receptive. Charity is the pure love of christ and I really love this man that we just recently met. It's the same for others as well.
When you are serving the Lord it's hard not to feel Charity and get caught up in the work.
Okegawa is a slower area than my last area in Tokyo, but there are people here waiting to hear the gospel. Elder Gallacher and I have hope that we can find those people and that the Lord is preparing them. I love this area.

I hope you all have a great week.
I want to hear your insights or favorite verses from Chapter 7
愛してます!!
G

No comments:

Post a Comment