Tuesday, June 18, 2013

"United in so great a cause" or "Divided in so great a cause"?

Hello Everyone!
I hope you are all happy and healthy and hopefully somewhere cool. It's hot in here in Saitama. Today we hit 81 degrees and keep in mind the humidity is at least 95%
I feel like I'm going to melt into a puddle every time I walk out of the apartment. Wearing suits on sundays is like being punished!
I should also say that while Tokyo and Saitama get very hot in the summer there is one place in our mission that is the hottest place in Japan. Kumagaya. And it's right next door. If we walk North about 30 minutes we're in Kumagaya's area. This summer is going to kick my butt if I stay here in Okegawa.
That brings me to my next topic of discussion. Transfers are upon us. I can't believe it. 5 weeks come and gone and we're barreling through the 6th. We will recieve transfer calls on Saturday and transfer next Monday. Neither of us have any idea of where we will go. I've only been here for 2 transfers so I don't think I'm transferring. Elder Gallacher has been here for 4! He however only has 1 transfer left so he's not likely going anywhere either. But simply because we've been together for 2 transfers already means that one of us is probably transferring. We'll see what happens. This next transfer brings with it the risk of changing missions as well. Wherever you are next Tuesday is the mission you are staying in. I could very well be writing you all all from a different mission next week .I'm not too excited at that prospect. I really would rather stay in the Tokyo Mission. I was called here not once but twice. I guess it's all in the Lords hands. Will Elder Healy and I be in the same mission next transfer? That's the real question.
Today was temple day and we had the opportunity to take a picture as a mission and see each other one last time before the split. It was a much needed spiritual recharge. I did have the cool opportunity to see an old friend on Sunday. We were at the church prepping a baptism for one of the 8 year olds in the ward. I walk out of the bathroom and there in the genkan of the church is Evan Albrethsen my trainer! I was shocked. He saw me at the same time. And we bro-hugged. It was so cool to see him! Seriously made my day. He came to the Temple with everyone today so I was able to get a picture with him. over a year since he trained me. It was a neat experience.

Well that's the update this week. I'm sure you will all be in suspense as you await the results of transfers.
Stay tuned!

Have a great week! I love you all!
G

No comments:

Post a Comment