Tuesday, January 14, 2014

New Year, New Possibilities

This past week went by incredibly fast. I'm not sure if it was excitement for temple day or if it was stress from preparing trainings but it went by so fast!! Our trainings this week went really well actually. We had a Zone Meeting on Tuesday last week with all 35 missionaries and then yesterday we had our new missionary training meeting which was for all of the 1st and 2nd transfer missionaries. That went well. The meeting itself was bigger than any zone meeting we did the transfer before. Not only that but Sunday was a zone wide Japanese only day. It was incredible I spent about 10 hours speaking Japanese and was able to really pinpoint some of the things I've been trying to improve on. It did stress out some the of the younger missionaries but I would say everyone thought that it was worth it.

Today the temple was an amazing experience. Since last weeks shocker I had been feeling a lot of concern about what my future held or what I would do when I came home etc, on top of all the regular missionary stressors. I had a chance to just lay it all in front of the Lord and felt my spirits lifted. I'm really excited for the next few transfers. This next transfer is Elder Norman's last transfer and we are hoping that we'll have the opportunity to really work and grow just the two of us. Training and being a Zone Leader is really too much. We don't really have time to help our new missionary at all.  Anyways things are looking good from today forward.  I got the Christmas card. Funniest thing ever. Absolutely loved it.

This week will go by fast as well. Transfer calls are in 6 days and I have 3 exchanges this week so we'll be spending a lot of time traveling to other areas. Then I'll be on transfer 12! The big question is what I'm going to do for school... I have a couple of ideas but I still don't really know. Elder Healy and I were talking today and we both want to stay till the 22nd of August but that leaves no time to prepare for school and I really wanna hit the ground running when school roles around. I guess we'll figure that out when school gets closer. I've been thinking a lot lately and I think since I'm going to have to retake my first year of college anyway (I've been gone for 2 years) I thought it might be cool to experience ROTC. I'd like to sign up for that. I don't have to make a decision until Junior year and who knows maybe by then I'll have found my future wife. I'm going to ask dad to do a little ROTC research for me. I Think I've got a general idea about school but I wanna learn some things first. I'm thinking mechanical engineering would be cool. If I can learn Japanese I can learn math. I also was thinking about doing a minor in Japanese but if I graduate and complete ROTC then I'd have a Naval Science Minor so Dual Minor? or do I go Dual Major? I'm not sure what I can handle.. ha ha anyways just thought I'd let you know what's been running through my head. Thanks for all the
Love and support Mom.
I'm so glad I came back. This has been the most incredible year and this next one is only going to get better.



Give the Family my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment