Monday, August 19, 2013

Transfers and My Greenie

Hope you're having a good week!
I sure am. I'm about ready to keel from exhaustion though. These past few days have been a blur!

I went to the Mission Home on thursday morning and spent 4 hours in training meetings, They paired us off and then we all got our stuff and went to lunch before heading back to our areas. My new companion's name is Elder Buhler. He's from West Valley City Utah. He's a pretty cool guy. Really smart. He's got a lot of vision but the mission is slowly killing him I think, especially now that he's here in Japan. What I mean by that is he is starving to death. He won't eat anything. I think the 4 things I've discovered he'll eat (Not likes mind you just will eat) are the Noodles from Ramen, Strawberry Yogurt, Toast and Bananas. That's seriously all I've seen him eat. Rach, B, Molly. I thought you 3 were the pickiest eaters I'd ever met, man was I surprised. Elder Buhler is a league or two ahead of you.

We've been following  the church's new missionary training program the last few days and he's pretty good about doing the things I "challenge" him to do. 
He did his first door approach yesterday  and he bore his testimony in sacrament like a champ. I was proud that he's my new missionary ha ha. His Japanese is pretty rocky but he's only been studying two months. We'll work him into it. I'm training him as if he's going to stay here, but he's already expressed to me and to President Budge and the area Psychiatrist that he wants to go home. We'll see what happens. I shared my story with him in hopes that he would see just how much he doesn't actually want to go home. It doesn't seem to be working.

We've been in a million pictures together already and oddly enough I don't have one, sooo when I get one I'll send it.
In addition to training Elder Buhler I'm juggling the responsibility of being district leader. In the area I'm serving there are two sisters and two elders. I have more transfers than the 3 others combined. and there also a new missionary in Utsunomiya which is also in my district. 
6people, 4 Sisters (3 of which are new), 4 New Missionaries
I'm like the dad of this part of the zone and I spend a lot of time on the phone answering various questions. It's a good thing I enjoy it ha ha.
 
That's pretty much everything that's been happening lately. P-day today is a little jumbled because we have an appointment this afternoon, and Elder Buhler has a bunch of stuff to do. I'll send a more articulate and fun blast next week. 
Thanks for all your love and support!



No comments:

Post a Comment